Miss USA Rima Fakih opposes mosque at Ground Zero

Development Facebook : checks in, adding location-based feature

Celeb biographer gets Angelina Jolie in sight

Marquez leaves Barcelona, appears headed to NY

BARCELONA, Spain (AP) - Rafael Marquez was released Saturday from the final two seasons of his contract with Barcelona, a move that allowed the 31-year-old Mexican defender to join former teammate Thierry Henry with Major League Soccer's New York Red Bulls.

The Spanish champions announced the agreement with Marquez, whose contract had been scheduled to run through June 2012. Hours later, the Red Bulls scheduled a Tuesday news conference to announce the signing of a star player, without saying who it was.

Marquez didn't say where he would sign, although his talks with the Red Bulls have been common knowledge in soccer circles. His release allows him to sign with New York without a transfer fee.

"We're analyzing the options that we have and we'll see what works best," Marquez said.

A farewell ceremony was held Saturday at Camp Nou.

"One of the our team's reference points leaves Barcelona to start a new stage," team president Sandro Rosell said. "Rafa Marquez has been a key player for our last two coaches."

Read more : http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/38503240/ns/sports-soccer/

Share/Bookmark

0 komentar

Leave a Reply

Copyright 2009 Simplex Celebs � All rights reserved � Designed by SimplexDesign